Tripod is not supported by IE 7. Please update your browser.
What are citation-management tools and why should I use one?
Citation-management tools allow one to:
- Save citations for use in current and/or future assignments and other projects
- Organize citations into folders in order to customize bibliographies by topic or project
- Add notes and additional metadata to citations
- Share citations with others
What is Zotero?
- Zotero is a free citation-management extension for Firefox (also available as a standalone program).
- Zotero allows one to gather, organize, analyze, and re-use:
- Full-text documents (PDFs, snapshots)
- Web pages
- Other objects (e.g., dictionary entries, book chapters)
- Zotero also allows one to share these citations and files through the use of "groups" on its website. Groups can be either private or public. Users can also search existing public groups for citations and other information on topics that interest them. For more information, see: http://www.zotero.org/support/groups.
- Last Updated Feb 10, 2015
Information on Styles and Citation Managers
214 views this year
- Last Updated Aug 20, 2014
Bryn Mawr and Swarthmore subscribe to the premium edition of popular free citation tool EasyBib. This guide gives some tips on how to make the most of our institutional subscription.
150 views this year