Tripod is not supported by IE 7. Please update your browser.
Music 040: Elements of Musicianship (J. Hamer)
Ear Training - Sight Singing - Dictation
An online ear training resource with progressive exercises in one note identification (solfege and scale degree,) melodic and intervalic dictation. Users are invited to register and track progress. Game oriented with timed exercises if desired.
- Elementary training for musicians
by Paul Hindemith
The classic ear training, dictation, sight-reading text.
- Ear training for the body: a dancer's guide to music
by Katherine Teck
Part 2, entitled "A Movement Oriented Approach to the Fundamentals of Music," includes sections on: dynamics, sounds and silences, rhythmic patterns, pitch, scales, melody, harmony, texture and timbre.
- Listen and sing: lessons in ear-training and sight-singing
by David Damschroder
Lessons in ear training and sight singing.
- A new approach to sight singing
by Sol Berkowitz
An extensive collection of sight singing exercises in gradually increasing levels of difficulty.
- Music for sight singing
by Robert W. Ottman
A sprial bound volume of over 600 progressively arranged sight singing exercises.
- Tonal/atonal: progressive ear training, singing and dictation studies in diatonic, chromatic and atonal music
by Ronald Herder
Progressive ear training, singing and dictation studies in diatonic, chromatic and atonal music.
- Solfège, ear training, rhythm, dictation, and music theory: a comprehensive course
by Marta Árkossy Ghezzo
This book is organized in fifty one lessons beginning with tonal systems, moving to chromatic and modal systems, and concluding with atonal systems.