Tripod is not supported by IE 7. Please update your browser.
Writing Program 131:
In the Wake of War: Literary Representations of Violence and its Aftermath (Tensuan)
The resources here will provide you with scholarly studies and background for your annotated bibliography about the Odyssey.
When you select and read articles, be aware of the following issues:
- Expertise - What is the author's training? Has he or she published other material in this subject area?
- Audience - Who are the intended readers? Is it for the general public or for college students and researchers?
- Discipline Focus - What subject approach does the author take? Historical, religious, literary? If literary, is there a special interest in a particular kind of interpretation, such as linguistic, psychoanalytic or gendered?
- Documentation - Is there a bibliography for further reading? Are there titles there that are new to you?
- Date - If the article was published more than 10 years ago, can you find a more recent point-of-view?